Splunk Search

Need help with Splunk Query

nilbak1
Communicator

Hi All.

I need help with Splunk Query for below scenario:

I need to show the status of my cronjob in below format.

StarttimeFinishTImeCurrentStatus
Time when Job StartsTime when Job FinishesStarted/Running/Finished

Start:-
INFO | jvm 1 | main | 2020/07/16 03:30:08.407 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Found 13 set of files to process

End:-
INFO | jvm 1 | main | 2020/07/16 04:21:57.914 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Ended . RESULT :true

In between there are many lines for which status should be running..

Thanks in dvance

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

This works with one batch, if there are more, then you need to update that query.

| makeresults
| eval _raw="INFO | jvm 1 | main | 2020/07/16 03:30:08.407 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Found 13 set of files to process
INFO | jvm 1 | main | 2020/07/16 04:21:57.914 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Satus . RESULT :true
INFO | jvm 1 | main | 2020/07/16 04:21:57.914 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Ended . RESULT :true"
| multikv noheader=t
| eval jvm=Column_3, step=Column_6
| rex "Ended\s+\.\s+RESULT\s+:(?<result>\w+)"
| rex "Found\s+(?<noFiles>\d+) set of files to process"
| stats earliest(_time) as Starttime latest(_time) as FinishTime count as noStatus values(result) as result values(noFiles) as noFiles by jvm step
| eval CurrentStatus = case(isnotnull(result), "Finished", noStatus > 1, "Running", isnotnull(noFiles), "Started", true(), "Unkown status")
| eval Starttime = strftime(Starttime, "%c"), FinishTime = strftime(FinishTime, "%c")
| table Starttime FinishTime CurrentStatus

View solution in original post

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

is the “jvm 1” and “main” same for all steps in one job? How you can separate the another jobs on log files/events?

r. Ismo

0 Karma

nilbak1
Communicator

Yes , its same for all the the events.
I am using the common string in the search query for the job for which I want to print the below message.

0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

This works with one batch, if there are more, then you need to update that query.

| makeresults
| eval _raw="INFO | jvm 1 | main | 2020/07/16 03:30:08.407 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Found 13 set of files to process
INFO | jvm 1 | main | 2020/07/16 04:21:57.914 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Satus . RESULT :true
INFO | jvm 1 | main | 2020/07/16 04:21:57.914 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Ended . RESULT :true"
| multikv noheader=t
| eval jvm=Column_3, step=Column_6
| rex "Ended\s+\.\s+RESULT\s+:(?<result>\w+)"
| rex "Found\s+(?<noFiles>\d+) set of files to process"
| stats earliest(_time) as Starttime latest(_time) as FinishTime count as noStatus values(result) as result values(noFiles) as noFiles by jvm step
| eval CurrentStatus = case(isnotnull(result), "Finished", noStatus > 1, "Running", isnotnull(noFiles), "Started", true(), "Unkown status")
| eval Starttime = strftime(Starttime, "%c"), FinishTime = strftime(FinishTime, "%c")
| table Starttime FinishTime CurrentStatus
0 Karma

nilbak1
Communicator

Thanks a ton.
It worked like a gem.

I am able to create Splunk query based on you suggestion.
Thanks again

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...