Splunk Search

Need help to create a regular expression

Mrig342
Contributor

Hi All,

I am trying to create a regular expression to extract a value from a given log. Below is the log:

2021-10-05 07:25:42.986, DATUM2="3095", STATUS="2", REQUEST_TYPE="103", PRIORITY="300", OWNER="490070", COUNT(1)="2"

Here I want to extract value of "COUNT(1)" and created the regular expression (?ms)COUNT\(1\)\=\"(?P<COUNT(1)>\d+)\"

But with this expression I am not able to get the field name as "COUNT(1)" which is my requirement.

Please help modify my expression to get the desired output.

Thank you very much.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| makeresults
| eval _raw="2021-10-05 07:25:42.986, DATUM2=\"3095\", STATUS=\"2\", REQUEST_TYPE=\"103\", PRIORITY=\"300\", OWNER=\"490070\", COUNT(1)=\"2\""
| rex "(?ms)COUNT\(1\)\=\"(?P<COUNT_1>\d+)\""
| rename COUNT_1 as "COUNT(1)"

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
| makeresults
| eval _raw="2021-10-05 07:25:42.986, DATUM2=\"3095\", STATUS=\"2\", REQUEST_TYPE=\"103\", PRIORITY=\"300\", OWNER=\"490070\", COUNT(1)=\"2\""
| rex "(?ms)COUNT\(1\)\=\"(?P<COUNT_1>\d+)\""
| rename COUNT_1 as "COUNT(1)"

Mrig342
Contributor

Thank you so much ITWhisperer..!!

Your solution is perfect for my requirement. I wonder why it didn't hit my mind.. Haha..

0 Karma

PickleRick
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

https://www.pcre.org/current/doc/html/pcre2pattern.html#SEC16https://www.regular-expressions.info/na...

In PCRE2, a capture group can be named in one of three ways: (?<name>...) or (?'name'...) as in Perl, or (?P<name>...) as in Python. Names may be up to 32 code units long. When PCRE2_UTF is not set, they may contain only ASCII alphanumeric characters and underscores, but must start with a non-digit. When PCRE2_UTF is set, the syntax of group names is extended to allow any Unicode letter or Unicode decimal digit. In other words, group names must match one of these patterns:

^[_A-Za-z][_A-Za-z0-9]*\z   when PCRE2_UTF is not set
  ^[_\p{L}][_\p{L}\p{Nd}]*\z  when PCRE2_UTF is set

In other words, you can't directly capture as group named "count(1)". You might capture with another name and rename the field later.

Mrig342
Contributor

Thank you very much PickleRick..!!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...