Splunk Search

Need Help to find duration of transaction

sanyonhhh

Query used:

index=[server]| transaction Extract startswith="Value Extract Starting." endswith="extraction completed."

Log Result:

1 » 10/4/13 11:39:58.000 PM

2013-10-04T19:39:58 Extract STATUS Value Extract Starting.

2013-10-04T19:40:02 Extract STATUS extraction completed.

2 » 10/4/13 11:10:15.000 PM

2013-10-04T19:10:15 Extract STATUS Value Extract Starting.

2013-10-04T19:10:21 Extract STATUS extraction completed.

Need to find the time difference in a transaction for start and end line. Time is present in both the lines.
Eg: From the first event i should get time differnce from 2013-10-04T19:39:58 and 2013-10-04T19:40:02 and should plot it as x-axis day and y-axis time difference.

0 Karma
1 Solution

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi sanyonhhh

the transaction command should provide you with a field called duration which is time in seconds for your transaction. But, it could be a floating point value for partial seconds if you have subseconds in your timestamps.

you can use eval to create a human readable time out of it like this

| eval myTime=tostring(duration,"duration")

hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

View solution in original post

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi sanyonhhh

the transaction command should provide you with a field called duration which is time in seconds for your transaction. But, it could be a floating point value for partial seconds if you have subseconds in your timestamps.

you can use eval to create a human readable time out of it like this

| eval myTime=tostring(duration,"duration")

hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...