Splunk Search

My search works when I run it manually, but why does it not produce results when I use it to populate a table?

smhsplunk
Communicator
index=main source=locations sourcetype=location_information  
                     | search * AND address=$token1$ OR address="LocationXYZ"
                     | table site_name, address, state, country

When I run this search manually, it works fine, but when I use it in a table, it doesn't do anything

<table>
        <title>Location</title>
        <search>

<default>*</default>
          <query>index=main source=locations sourcetype=location_information | search * AND address=$token1$ OR address="LocationXYZ" | table site_name, address, state, country </query>
        </search>

</table>

I would like to use two tokens also:

search * AND address =$token1$ or address=$token2$

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Try removing the search * and move the address search to base search. Like this

index=main source=locations sourcetype=location_information (address=$token1$ OR address="token2") | table site_name, address, state, country

smhsplunk
Communicator

Your Awesome!

0 Karma

smhsplunk
Communicator

Sorry, seems this is giving me all the rows, not just the one's selected by the token

0 Karma

sundareshr
Legend

Did you have quotes around your tokens? Like this?

index=main source=locations sourcetype=location_information (address="$token1$" OR address="$token2$") | table site_name, address, state, country
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...