Splunk Search

My search returns results when run in an app's search bar, but why are there no results when run in the Search & Reporting app?

Steave4app

Hi Guys,

I am not getting any result from the main search bar with the search below. Even though the same query is working in the App search bar.

index=protect "File Status"=unsafe user="*" "File Name"="*" | dedup "DeviceName", SHA256, "File Path", "File Name" | stats count by "Classification", "File Status", "DeviceName", "File Name" | addtotals fieldname=sum | sort -count | head 10

I checked with the below searches too.

index=main "File Status"=unsafe user="*" "File Name"="*" | dedup "DeviceName", SHA256, "File Path", "File Name" | stats count by "Classification", "File Status", "DeviceName", "File Name" | addtotals fieldname=sum | sort -count | head 10

and

index=*  "File Status"=unsafe user="*" "File Name"="*" | dedup "DeviceName", SHA256, "File Path", "File Name" | stats count by "Classification", "File Status", "DeviceName", "File Name" | addtotals fieldname=sum | sort -count | head 10

Can someone help me out on this or tell me why the result is not populating?

0 Karma

dmaislin_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Have you checked to see if the app permissions or the extracted fields are set to global?

0 Karma

Steave4app

Hi

I have checked that its not global. Its based on app only. How do I change to global as I have not got that option yet. Can you please guide me?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...