Splunk Search

Multisearch

HealyManTech
Explorer

Is there a way to have if you extract data from a search to have it fun in another search? Like putting the field value into another search without having to manually type or script it out?

Example:

index=wineventlogs action=delete
| rex field=_raw "GID : (?.*)"
| table _time, ID
| (NEW Search) "ID" (how would I get that to populate)

Would I have to do a multisearch??

Thanks for the help.

0 Karma

logloganathan
Motivator

Could you please try like this

| table _time, ID | join ID | [ Search "your query" | table ID, "any values you want" ] | table table _time, ID,"any values you want"

or

| table _time, ID | append | [ Search "your query" | table ID, "any values you want" ] | table table _time, ID,"any values you want"

Please refer the below document.it will help you
for append
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/7.0.3/SearchReference/Append

0 Karma

HealyManTech
Explorer

I tried this but didn't work. I am trying to get the rex ID created field to be part of the new search but errors out.

0 Karma

logloganathan
Motivator

do you want regex expression? i have provided example which tells how to do multisearch

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...