Splunk Search

Multiple sums in one graph

liorfink
Engager

This is a followup question to This.
http://answers.splunk.com/answers/301144/sum-of-new-events-over-time.html

Now further, say I have all these new events, the answer gave me the total for all new events together, which was perfect for that given case.
Now for further analysis, I'd like it to be a line of the total New events, for each Engine.
So with the answer I got this:
alt text

And I would like a different graph of total New events for each Engine, like:
alt text

So to split the results by Engine I got this:

host="MyHost" Status="New" | timechart count by Engine

That gives me a division by Engine, but once again, it shows me single values per day, and not the accumulated total.
I've tried:
host="MyHost" Status="New" | timechart count by Engine | accum count - just adds another value named 'count' with 0

I'm obviously missing something basic in my understanding.
Thanks again in advance!

• Sorry for my bad editing *
Tags (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try something like this

host="MyHost" Status="New" | timechart count by Engine | streamstats sum(*) as *

View solution in original post

somesoni2
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Try something like this

host="MyHost" Status="New" | timechart count by Engine | streamstats sum(*) as *

liorfink
Engager

Perfect!
Thank you!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...