Splunk Search

Moving saved search to new search head - Time zone incorrect

smcdonald20
Path Finder

We have moved a large portion of our scheduled searches from one search head to another.
We did this by copying and pasting the text from savedsearches.conf from one server to the other.

However, when looking at the Scheduled time on the new server, i can see that all searches are running 5 hours behind.

The time zone on both servers is exactly the same.

How can i change them all in bulk to 5 hours earlier?

0 Karma

livehybrid
Builder

Does your search run as a specific user (e.g. Admin?)
If so - login as that user and check their default timezone, you might find that it is a default and needs updating to GMT (or whatever your timezone).

I hope this helps.

0 Karma

smcdonald20
Path Finder

Thank you, but i have already tried changing the owner. When i do this, it only changes how it's displayed, rather than the time it goes at.
e.g. When it had "No Owner", scheduled time was 08:00 EST.
When i changed to Admin, and set as GMT, it changed to 13:00 GMT. Which is the same time, but displayed differently.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...