Splunk Search

Monthly Graph not showing proper value on X axis

hanibans

I am creating monthly chart using splunk timechart query as shown below:

index="sample_audit_log" | timechart span=1mon dc(username) as TOTAL_USERS

In statistics tab, results are showing proper months like 2019-07, 2019-08 but in visualization line chart, months are displaying wrong date June 30, 2019 6:30 PM and July 30, 2019 6:30 PM respectively.

In Statistics Tab:
alt text

In Visualization Tab:
alt text

It is displaying wrong date for every month. Example for July month, it is showing 30th June date.

Any suggestions would really be helpful and appreciable.

0 Karma

niketn
Legend

@hanibans what is the timezone of logged in user? Can you set the same to UTC and see?

Sukisen1981
Champion

hi @hanibans
This is weird, yet your screen shot supports your statement. Assuming you have access to the _audit index, can you please run this query as is for all time range or last 3 months and tell us if you still see the same issue?

index="_audit" | timechart span=1mon dc(action) as TOTAL_ACTIONS
0 Karma

hanibans

@Sukisen1981 I am facing same issue for longer time duration. I tried running same query for 3 months and 6 months.

On Mouse hover, it is showing date of last month.

0 Karma

Sukisen1981
Champion

uhh @hanibans - check out what @niketnilay says , the reason i asked you to try this was I was doubting what niket is saying, doesn't look like an issue with search duration, try tinkering with the timezones

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...