Splunk Search

Modify values for timechat based on aggregation function

Oldreader

There is metric which accumulative counter of some event. Timechart of this metrics look like monotonic function. I cant change metrics therefor i need to calculate derivative function - increase/decrease of counter per period of time. Example query:

index=some_index host="*" |  timechart span=15s max("some_metric") by host | addtotals fieldname=cur | appendcols [search index=some_index host="*" | eval _time=_time+15 | timechart span=15s max("some_metric") by host | addtotals fieldname=prev ] | eval diff=cur-prev | timechart span=1m  max(diff) as "Aggregation"

index=some_index host="*" | timechart span=15s max("some_metric") by host | addtotals fieldname=cur - calculates total of all hosts
appendcols [search index=some_index host="*" | eval _time=_time+15 | timechart span=15s max("some_metric") by host | addtotals fieldname=prev ]- calculates total of all hosts with timeshift
Now I want to calculate subtraction. All goes fine with total, but how to calculate subtraction to each host?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Try like this

index=some_index host="*" | timechart span=15s max("some_metric") as metric
| delta metric as diff
| timechart span=1m max(diff) as Aggregation
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...