Splunk Search

Minimum free space 32 bit

crystalkirkland

I keep getting a message stating that I do not have enough space. I went to general settings to adjust the limitation. When I go to save it, it is requesting that I enter a kv port which I know my 32 bit laptop does not support. Is there anyway around this? I am just trying to get through the fundamentals training.

Thanks in advance

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi crystalkirkland,

use your favourite editor and open the file $SPLUNK_HOME\etc\system\local\server.conf and add the following:

[diskUsage]
minFreeSpace = <num>|<percentage>

the num per is in MB and percentage can be like 1%. Restart Splunk once you saved the file.

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

View solution in original post

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi crystalkirkland,

use your favourite editor and open the file $SPLUNK_HOME\etc\system\local\server.conf and add the following:

[diskUsage]
minFreeSpace = <num>|<percentage>

the num per is in MB and percentage can be like 1%. Restart Splunk once you saved the file.

Hope this helps ...

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

crystalkirkland

So all I have to do is put this in notepad and save it to my computer and it should work? I don't have to do anything in splunk itself?

Thank you so much

0 Karma

crystalkirkland

Ok great, and I just wanted to make sure.....is line 3 supposed to be blank? Your're a life saver

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

blank lines are no problem at all in Splunk configuration files 😉

cheers, MuS

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

When you change settings in the Splunk web UI, it will modify config files in the background - so in the end both approaches are doing exactly the same.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...