Splunk Search

Merging two chart together

carrotball

Hi,

I'm currently have 2 charts, one is the number of sms sent during office hour, the other is after office hour. is there any way i can merge the 2 search queries as one?

sourcetype="CAS-v3" sender!="CHI" sender!="PNSMS" dept=TSID recipient="HEAT*" | where date_hour>8 and date_hour<19 | timechart span="month" count by recipient

sourcetype="CAS-v3" sender!="CHI" sender!="PNSMS" dept=TSID recipient="HEAT*" | where date_hour<8 or date_hour>19 | timechart span="month" count by recipient

Tags (1)
0 Karma

Ayn
Legend
sourcetype="CAS-v3" sender!="CHI" sender!="PNSMS" dept=TSID recipient="HEAT*" | eval hour_type=case(date_hour>=8 AND date_hour<19,"office hours",date_hour<8 OR date_hour>=19,"outside office hours") |timechart span=1mon count by recipient,hour_type

carrotball

hmmmmm
thanks for the help, the second one works but cant display it by month...

wondering if i can tune it more. time to go read lol

0 Karma

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I wonder if this will work, because 'timechart' can only take one 'split by' series, 'chart' can take two.

So for timechart it would be:
...| timechart span=1mon count(recipient) by hour_type

and for chart it would be:
...| chart count by recipient,hour_type

on the other hand, count(recipient) will count all events that have a recipient and not events for each recipient....

MuS
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

hmmmmm I must be doing something wrong here Ayn, but I get an 'Error in 'timechart' command: The argument 'hour_type' is invalid.' if I use your search?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...