Splunk Search

Match mix of CIDR Ips and IPv4 Ips from a lookup to search

dwibedi03
Explorer

I have a lookup table which consists of src_ip. This source Ip has mix of Ips in the format:

Src_ip
67.75.175.32/27 
68.143.151.125/26 

I need to match this lookup table to my search which consists of the field src_ip in my data. But how do i do that since it is a mix of cidr and normal ips? My actual data for src_ip doesnt consits of cidr ips. Can someone let me know ?

Labels (2)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@dwibedi03 

Can you convert all your non CIDR ips in the lookup file to add /32 to the end to make them all CIDR format.

In that way you can set your lookup with the advanced lookup option CIDR(Src_ip) and just do the lookup, which will find it.

dwibedi03
Explorer

@bowesmana : I thought of doing that but I didn't know how to use the lookup after that. Can you explain me in detail about the advanced lookup option?

0 Karma

bowesmana
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

@dwibedi03 

You have a lookup file, says ips.csv and then you create a lookup definition (which is an abstraction layer on top of the lookup file). Connect it to the actual file itself and then set the Src_ip field to be a CIDR type field like this

bowesmana_0-1608175537749.png

then just use the lookup definition in the lookup command, not the file itself, so

base search
| lookup ips Src_ip as src_ip output Src_ip as ipFound

so this assumes your event field is src_ip and the CSV file has a column called Src_ip. After this executes, you will have a new field ipFound if the IP exists in the CIDR range of one of the ranges, or null if not.

You can then do this

| where isnull(ipFound)

to see if it was NOT found

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...