Splunk Search

Mapping data from small sourcetype to another larger sourcetype

tleduc

Hello! I'm having this issue of merging data from one sourcetype to another larger sourcetype. Example:

index=ecs_internal (sourcetype=ecs:encode parcel_id=* earliest=-30d@d latest=@d) OR (sourcetype=ecs:input barcode_id=* earliest=-60d@d latest=@d)
| eval parcel_id=if(isnotnull(parcel_id), parcel_id, barcode_id)
| stats latest(*) as *, sum(eval(if(sourcetype=ecs:encode, 1, 0))) as valid by parcel_id
| where valid >= 1

Aim: Display all events in ecs:encode, then lookup latest related information from ecs:input. Basically, only 30% of all events in ecs:input would have data relevant to ecs:encode, thus my search is extremely slow... Join command would not work as I'm having millions of events in both sourcetypes.

Many thanks in advance!

0 Karma

memarshall63
Communicator

Isn't the phrase:

| where valid >=1

effectively saying don't show any stats that aren't in sourcetype=ecs:input?

0 Karma

tleduc

Hi memarshall63, yes it works, but problem is the search takes too much time (currently it's taking me more than 1 hour!). Query above is just a simplified version, I have to do a lot of evals before the stats.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...