Splunk Search

Make a slippery transaction within 20 events, how do I calculate the duration between the 1st and 20th event, 2nd and 21st, etc?

collier31200
Explorer

Hello all,

I'm trying to make a slippery transaction within 20 events.
For example, my search return 40 events and I need to calculate the duration between:
the first event and the twentieth,
the second and the twenty first,
the third and the twenty second
etc...

With this:

transaction Routed maxevents=20 mvlist=t

Splunk only calculates 2 durations: between the first event and the twentieth, and the twenty first and the fortieth.

Please HELPPP 🙂

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you're only looking for the duration you can use this:

index=foo sourcetype=bar Routed=* | streamstats window=20 global=f range(_time) as duration by Routed

Note, the first nineteen events may compute the duration between 1 and 1, 1 and 2, ..., 1 and 19.

View solution in original post

martin_mueller
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you're only looking for the duration you can use this:

index=foo sourcetype=bar Routed=* | streamstats window=20 global=f range(_time) as duration by Routed

Note, the first nineteen events may compute the duration between 1 and 1, 1 and 2, ..., 1 and 19.

collier31200
Explorer

Thanks a lot, perfectly doing what I want 🙂
I used:
where row >20
to remove the twenty first events

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...