Splunk Search

Loop through single column list in Inputlookup csv and check if column values are found across multiple index events

dk777

Hello. I have an input lookup csv file with a single column named “Domain” that has a list of domain names in that column. I would like to loop through all those domain names and check if there are any events (from multiple indexes where I don’t want to worry about finding what Splunk field matches to “domain”) that include any of the domain names from my inputlookup csv. How would I build this search? 

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

To clarify, you have a list of domain names in a field called "Domain" that you want to match against any field that contains the same text?  If so, try this.  It's not terribly efficient and could produce false positive, but it's a start.

index IN (foo bar baz) [ | inputlookup mylookupfile.csv | return 1000 $Domain ]
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...