Splunk Search

Lookups and Wildcard Entries

pwguinto

I'm currently setting up an alert using a CSV lookup file with wildcard entries. I followed the instructions provided from the other questions and was able to make them work. Here's a sample of my CSV lookup file:

KEY1,KEY2,VALUE
AAA,111,Value 1
AAA,112,Value 2
AAA,*,Value 3

Using fields KEY1 and KEY2 for the lookup -- if the query produces the values KEY1="AAA" and KEY2="111", then it should pick up "Value 1" for the VALUE field -- which it correctly does. However, it also picks up the entry corresponding to KEY1="AAA, KEY2="*" since it technically matches.

Is it possible to configure the lookup that if it already finds a match, it won't go through the rest of the lookup file? For the query, I'm just using a straight forward lookup command:

| lookup <Lookup> KEY1 AS KEY1, KEY2 AS KEY2 OUTPUTNEW VALUE

Your inputs would be very much appreciated, thanks!

0 Karma
1 Solution

HiroshiSatoh
Champion

There is a maximum match in the settings in the lookup file. Can't use this?

View solution in original post

0 Karma

HiroshiSatoh
Champion

There is a maximum match in the settings in the lookup file. Can't use this?

0 Karma

pwguinto

I'll try this one, and will let you know -- though I think this should work. I just can't replicate the scenario immediately due to how the data is being fed. Thanks!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...