Splunk Search

Lookup table missing when attempting to add to CIM dataset

jiujitsu_panda

I have a lookup table that i have uploaded to Splunk. I added a lookup definition for it, and the permissions on both the table and the definition are global (read all and shared among all apps). Both table and definition are stored in the search app context, but that shouldn't matter when they are shared among all apps, right?

However when i go to add a lookup field to a dataset to enrich the data stored in said dataset, the drop down from which you select the lookup to use doesn't have the aforementioned custom lookup in it. In fact the drop down list only extends as far as lookups beginning with 'T' then stops. So even though we have the Splunk_TA_Windows apps installed, many of those lookups are not present in the dropdown either, despite having similar global visibility and permissions as my custom lookup.

Any one else encountered this? Am i missing something?

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...