Splunk Search

Lookup Tabel with UrLs

tmwhitm

Looking for assistance in creating a lookup table with UrLs, my syntax below does not work. Any ideas on how to use a lookup table with UrLs?

index="p*" [ | inputlookup UrL-Input | stats values(UrL) as url | format ] | stats count by src_ip,url,action
| sort action

The lookup table UrL-Input contains two columns, URL & Description.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Tom

Tags (2)
0 Karma

tmwhitm

Yes, my data had www.example.com so I added that verbatim to the lookup table but the data was not found until I added www.example.com to the lookup table.

0 Karma

tmwhitm

Jkat54,

Thank you. Before your post I was playing with the lookup table and found that when I added a wildcard at the beginning and end of the url, the SQL I have worked. Still trying to wrap my mind around why for even when I tested www.example.com and it existed in the data, it was not found until I added the wildcard.

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

That sounds odd. Are you saying this “unpacked” search works?

(( url=value1))

But this doesn’t:

((url=value1))

Even though you have a field called url with “value1” in it...

0 Karma

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Use this as your subsearch instead:

| inputlookup UrL-Input | rename UrL as url | format

Which will unpack to

... ( ( url=value1 ) OR( url=value2) OR ... )

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...