Splunk Search

List of realtime searches showing deleted reports/alerts

shazbot79
Path Finder

Hi, I have the following SPL as a dashboard panel which shows realtime searches. This is so I can contact the owners and discuss them converting to a scheduled report instead:

| rest /services/search/jobs | search eventSorting=realtime
| eval author=upper(author)
| lookup snow_sys_user_list.csv user_name as author
| table author label eventSearch dv_name dispatchState, eai:acl.owner, isRealTimeSearch, performance.dispatch.stream.local.duration_secs, runDuration, searchProviders, splunk_server

However, the panel is still showing reports that have been converted to scheduled reports/alerts or deleted entirely. Is there some SPL I have to add to get it to only see "active" real-time searches?

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Karma

jwalthour
Communicator

how about adding …

| search dispatchState != “DONE”

0 Karma

shazbot79
Path Finder

they all have a dispatchState of RUNNING, including the ones that have been amended/deleted....

0 Karma

jwalthour
Communicator

Then, are you sure you’ve stopped the jobs?

0 Karma

shazbot79
Path Finder

Ah....so even if the user deletes their report the job keeps running? 

0 Karma

shazbot79
Path Finder

I have the time picker set to last 24 hours but if I change to last 5 minutes the problem persists.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...