Splunk Search

List of event codes that found in another search

dyeo
Engager

Hi, I'm trying to create a query to provide a list of event codes that are found in one period time that is NOT found in another time period. This is what I came up with, but it looks like it's just giving me the aggregate results from both searches.

index=win* EventCode=* earliest=-2d@d latest=now NOT [search index=win* EventCode=* earliest=-60d@d latest=-58d@d | stats count by EventCode] | stats count by EventCode
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your query is close. Try this one:

index=win* EventCode= earliest=-2d@d latest=now NOT 
    [search index=win EventCode=* earliest=-60d@d latest=-58d@d 
    | stats count by EventCode | fields EventCode | format ] 
| stats count by EventCode

The key is the subsearch. In it's original form, it was passing counts and EventCode values to the main search. That's why your results looked the way they did. The new form will pass only EventCode values to the main search.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Your query is close. Try this one:

index=win* EventCode= earliest=-2d@d latest=now NOT 
    [search index=win EventCode=* earliest=-60d@d latest=-58d@d 
    | stats count by EventCode | fields EventCode | format ] 
| stats count by EventCode

The key is the subsearch. In it's original form, it was passing counts and EventCode values to the main search. That's why your results looked the way they did. The new form will pass only EventCode values to the main search.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

dyeo
Engager

Thanks Rich! That seems to have done it!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...