Splunk Search

List of default working extractions in Splunk like "| extract access-extractions"

Pierceyuk
Path Finder

Hi All,

So I was looking at some unextracted web log data, found this link: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.0.3/SearchReference/Extract

Tried the | extract access-extractions
and as if by magic everything gets extracted, is there a document somewhere that gives a list of all of this valid built in extractions that splunk can understand? Having a google and not sure where to look!

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Available extractions are in your transforms.conf file. Each stanza name is an extraction.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Available extractions are in your transforms.conf file. Each stanza name is an extraction.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

Pierceyuk
Path Finder

Thanks Somesoni2, that was exactly what(or rather where) I was looking for!

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

For default extractions look for transforms.conf and props.conf file in $Splunk/etc/system/default folder.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...