Splunk Search

Link to a file in search results

srinisub

I have a zip file uploaded into Splunk. This zip file contains a files.csv file and some file attachments stored in files/ . Here's a sample record in files.csv.

File Id      File Name            File Path 
101704839   Ready_AHV.png       files/102231960.png

If I search for Ready_AHV.png, I get the above search result. What I am looking for is a link to the file path, so when I click on the link, it opens the file attachment. Let me know if there is a way to do this.

0 Karma
1 Solution

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There's not a way to do this out of the box with Splunk. If you were to run Apache on the same box and put the files on a VirtualHost (in layman, that's Apache terminology for a website), then you could make the results look like this:

http://splunkserver:{VirtualHostPort}/path/to/file

And make that a hyperlink or drill down on a dashboard so that when the user clicks, it opens a new browser window and downloads the file.

View solution in original post

jkat54
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There's not a way to do this out of the box with Splunk. If you were to run Apache on the same box and put the files on a VirtualHost (in layman, that's Apache terminology for a website), then you could make the results look like this:

http://splunkserver:{VirtualHostPort}/path/to/file

And make that a hyperlink or drill down on a dashboard so that when the user clicks, it opens a new browser window and downloads the file.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...