Splunk Search

License Violation - "pool_violated_slave_count"

charleswheelus
Path Finder

I keep getting the following License Violation Messages:

This pool contains 10 slave/s in violation

Category:

pool_violated_slave_count

I only have 6 slaves in my pool (+ the license manager which is not doing any indexing)

I can't seem to find any further info about this.

Can someone help me determine what problem I am having.

I am well below my indexing thresh-hold.

Masa
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The number of slaves in the warning is incorrect. It is a bug. That is confusing. But, the violation of the pool itself is correct information.

Here is additional useful information to investigate indexing volume;
http://wiki.splunk.com/Community:TroubleshootingIndexedDataVolume

Also, Deployment Monitor app at the license master also should show historical indexed volume if it is enabled. Please keep in mind that the Deployment Monitor's all view should work properly only when the license master is a search head of all the license slaves. Otherwise, some dashboards information is not proper.

yannK
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

The violations are reported every time because it's not specific to one indexer, but to the pool.
you also may have older violations (if indexers were they own master before, and were added to the pool with their own violations )

You could install the SOS app on the license.master and investigate your volume per indexer.
http://splunk-base.splunk.com/apps/29008/sos-splunk-on-splunk

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...