Splunk Search

Legend of last entry in bar chart is hidden

DieterSch

I've installed the newest dashboard examples from splunkbase. When opening the "Bar Chart" example, depending on the selected time range, the legend of the last entry within the bar chart is hidden/invisible. For the below image I've selected "Last 15 minutes". When selecting "Last 7 days", the legend is shown for every entry.

Bar chart

Does anybody have an idea how to deal with this problem, or whether a workaround exists?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

That is not the legend, is the label value for the bottom entry on the Y-axis. This is clearly a bug so open a support case and report back here what they tell you.

0 Karma

MatMeredith
Path Finder

Same thing is happening to me. Did you find a fix?

0 Karma

DieterS
Engager

Sorry, @MatMeredith . No fix from our side. Still waiting for a solution from Splunk

0 Karma

logloganathan
Motivator

it wont be like that...may be on the particular time..no incident available.

0 Karma

DieterSch

It depends on the selected time range and/or the returned values. Currently, I cannot tell you a way to reproduce this behavior every time.

0 Karma

cmerriman
Super Champion

what version are you on? are there any special characters in that category? if you change the height of the panel, does that help?
<option name="height">300</option>

0 Karma

DieterSch

We always use the newest version of Splunk (currently 7.0.2). No, the category does not contain special characters. By the way: the category gets visible if the width of the browser window is reduced to approximately 1036px (client area only). Changing the height of the chart is not an option for us.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...