Splunk Search

Learning to use anomalies?

passing
Explorer

The documentation has not been much help all I really want is to start learning how to use it. Every time I try to use one of the example searches (or at least a version specific to my logs) I get: "A separating field was not found. Carrying on without it" and no unexpectedness field is visible. Does anyone no how to fix this? Or alternatively, just a few searches good for familiarizing myself with the use of anomalies?

Here is the documentation just in case: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0.3/SearchReference/Anomalies

fbl_itcs
Path Finder

Are you using "annomalies ... by field_name". Then the message tells you that there are some events without the field_name field I would guess.

0 Karma

jtrucks
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Could you provide some examples of the searches you are performing or other specifics that might help us answer your question?

--
Jesse Trucks
Minister of Magic
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...