Splunk Search

KV_MODE=xml not working but xmlkv is

willcwhite
Explorer

I have an app on a deployment server that takes in XML data, this app includes a props.conf with KV_MODE=xml.
When I see the data in Splunk, no XML fields are being extracted, but when I add | xmlkv to the end of my query, it extracts all XML fields. Since KV_MODE is for search time extractions does that mean that I have to also put this props.conf on the SHC? Or is there another reason why it's not working?

Thanks in advance.

0 Karma
1 Solution

manjunathmeti
Champion

KV_MODE is search time attribute. This doesn't work in indexers. You need to add it in props.conf in search head(s).

KV_MODE = [none|auto|auto_escaped|multi|json|xml]
* Used for search-time field extractions only.
* Specifies the field/value extraction mode for the data.

View solution in original post

manjunathmeti
Champion

KV_MODE is search time attribute. This doesn't work in indexers. You need to add it in props.conf in search head(s).

KV_MODE = [none|auto|auto_escaped|multi|json|xml]
* Used for search-time field extractions only.
* Specifies the field/value extraction mode for the data.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...