Splunk Search

Just updated Splunk, but it still says "a new maintence release of Splunk is here"

Ricapar
Communicator

I was running Splunk 5.0. Came in this morning, and saw that 5.0.1 was just released.

So I download the RPM, install the same way I did my 4->5 upgrade, and start up Splunk.

Login screen still shows:
alt text

Is there a way I can disable this? I don't need every user logging into Splunk to be notified that there's an update. Also, there isn't an update.. I just installed the latest one!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Raised this to Support, it should be fixed now. Thanks for mentioning it!

View solution in original post

seanwong
Explorer

You can also get rid of the error message by modifying your web.conf on your search head and doing:

[settings]
updateCheckerBaseURL = 0

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

This would prevent future notifications. The issue that Ricapar and DaveSavage encountered was due to an incorrect setting in the banner system on splunk.com--those specific notifications should not have happened, and no longer will.

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Raised this to Support, it should be fixed now. Thanks for mentioning it!

DaveSavage
Builder

I had the same. Restarting Splunk didn't make any difference. A server reboot did however...nada new release messages. Just don't ask me why... 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...