1 |A
1 |B
1 |B
3 |B
4 |C

I try to find how many ID's have a issue B, the result be like this:

RED 2
GREEN 1

Currently my search use join clause, but it's very slow and i try to find the better way to do this,

someone could help me?
Regards,
J

Tags (1)
0 Karma

aberkow
Builder

You can definitely use the suggestion above about creating a lookup, and then using the lookup command like this:

| lookup csvName.csv ID_1 OUTPUT ISSUE, and then you can run aggregations on that ISSUE field (the ID_1 is the joining field)

You can use a stats command as well, but it's a bit difficult to understand what is the most ideal given the data you've given and you'd have to do a bit more fanciness with the fields. If you're just looking for instances of B, you can filter your second sourcetype to that in the base search and then run a command like this:

base search filtering to only B logs
| stats count(ISSUE) as issueCount, values(DESCRIPTION) as description by ID_1

Let me know if this is helpful/you have any other questions

0 Karma

tiagofbmm
Influencer

Seems you have material to build a static lookup. Your sourcetype A that has the description can be outputed to a lookups that you can use to enrich your stats on sourcetype B

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...