Splunk Search

Join Statment

hartfoml
Motivator

OK the last question might have bee to hard for the group. So try this one.

I am using the join statement like this "search1 | join id [search2]"

In the primary search and in the sub-search there is a field called "id" but they do not always match.

I want to join on the field "search1 id=*" to "search2 key=*". "ID" and "KEY" always match.

I tried this but it did not work "search1 | join id:key [search2]"

I tried this but it did not work "search1 | join id,key [search2]"

I tried this to see if it would auto join, no luck "search1 | join [search2]"

Any help would be great.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jonuwz
Influencer

Sounds like you just need to abstract the different fields into something common you can join on

... | search1 | eval join_field=id | join join_field [ search2 | eval join_field=key ]

View solution in original post

jonuwz
Influencer

Sounds like you just need to abstract the different fields into something common you can join on

... | search1 | eval join_field=id | join join_field [ search2 | eval join_field=key ]

fflloovee

"eval join_field=id" Can i change id to field name because i have many id and want to join by id
i try to use "join type=left ID" and some value are missing(i search each value and see there refernce with id but still missing)

0 Karma

hartfoml
Motivator

you have done it again twice in one day 🙂

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...