Splunk Search

Issues with props.conf and EVAL function

shayhibah
Path Finder

Hi,

I am trying to add new evaluation for a field in search-time.
For some reason, when I run query from my search head, I get the old values and it seems that the props.conf is not working.

Here is my configuration:

EVAL-action = if(isnull(action), action, if(eventtype == "Intrusion_Detection", if(action IN ("Accept", "Detect", "Allow"),"allowed", "blocked"),action))

If i copy the above line to the search bar, it works OK.

Must mention that I modified props.conf under default directory.

What am I missing here?

Update - I found out that I have 2 EVAL for the same field - does it look only for the last one or do everything in order?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

gfreitas
Builder

If one interferes with the other yes you might have problems. See this link for file precedences: https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/8.0.1/Admin/Wheretofindtheconfigurationfiles

You might also need to wait the knowledge bundle to be deployed to the indexers before you can see the configuration working (which might take a few minutes)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...