Splunk Search

Is there an opposite to dedup?

rlough
Path Finder

Basically I have a field "Name" and I want to keep all events with duplicate "Name"s. So exactly the opposite of dedup.

Is this possible?

Edit:
I have a bunch of events that each have a field "Name". I want to eliminate any events that do not share a "Name" with another event.
My search is fairly simple besides this. It looks something like: index=*ind* source=src1.log Name=* info=HIGH | table Name

In my stats table, I only want names that appear more than once.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

jhupka
Path Finder

You could do something like this:

index=ind source=src1.log Name=* info=HIGH | table Name | evenstats count by Name | search count>1

View solution in original post

jhupka
Path Finder

You could do something like this:

index=ind source=src1.log Name=* info=HIGH | table Name | evenstats count by Name | search count>1

rlough
Path Finder

Sweet, thanks!

0 Karma

bobbyfaber
Explorer

Not sure this question is clear enough. Do you want events that have Name more than once? What have you tried so far? Can you share an example of your search?

0 Karma

rlough
Path Finder

I updated my question to be more clear, sorry!

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...