Splunk Search

Is there already a French translation for Splunk available?

PaulZandbergen
Engager

To Translate my Splunk app into French following the advice in: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0.2/AdvancedDev/TranslateSplunk
I noticed that Splunk is not available in French.
My translated message.po wont work if there is not a French translation for Splunk.
Surely I am not the first person to want Splunk in the French language. Is there already a French translated message file available?
To quote a Dutch proverb, Why invent the wheel twice?

Tags (2)
0 Karma

guilmxm
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Since Version 6.1.3, Splunk is now available in French translation, automatically applied if your web browser is configured to use French by default

sowings
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

From what I can see (in $SPLUNK_HOME/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/appserver/mrsparkle/locale), in version 5.0.3, the available languages are:

• de_DE (German)
  • en_US (US English)
  • en_UK (UK English)
  • it_IT (Italian)
  • ja_JP (Japanese)
  • ko_KR (Korean)
  • zh_CN (Simplified Chinese)
  • zh_TW (Traditional Chinese)

I would suggest filing an enhancement request (read: support case) asking for French language localization.

PaulZandbergen
Engager

I already noticed the available languages did not include French. So supported by your suggestion, I filled a enhancement request.

0 Karma

ddarmand
Communicator

J'en ai entendu parler pour le moment, mais vazy lance toi 😉

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...