Splunk Search

Is there a way to save the results for parts of a search so when I modify the tail end, I don't have to run the whole search?

CREVITCH
Path Finder

I am executing the following search and it is taking a long time to execute. Is there a way to save the results of parts of a search so that when I modify the tail end I don't have to run the whole search? I.e. can I save the results of user=* | dedup _ raw and then run those saved results through subsequent searches?

user=* | dedup _raw | transaction user date_minute date_second
0 Karma
1 Solution

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

To save an intermediate result, you could also use

some search | outputlookup temp.csv

and from here on start a new search with

| inputlookup temp.csv | continue search

If some search is a complex (time-consuming) search and you just want to play around with different ways of doing it in continue search, then this method will allow you to do so without any hassle. The only thing you may want to look out for is if the intermediate results are too numerous for a .csv file (say, some hundred thousand lines of result).

View solution in original post

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...