Splunk Search

Is there a way to restore archived data more than 1year?

ssuluguri
Path Finder

Hi Team,

I have a data in my archive folder since 2019 for one of my index app_o365 , we need to restore the complete data from archive bucket to searchable events .

Below steps recommended but while running rebuild command how can we run the 100s of folder data in single step ? do we need to run each and every folder ? Is there a way to run splunk rebuild for all db_ directories ?

Restoring a Frozen BucketTo thaw an archived bucket:
– Copy the bucket directory from the archive to the index's thaweddb directory
– Stop Splunk
– – Run splunk rebuild path to bucket directory

- Also works to recover a corrupted
- Directory Does not count against license
– Start Splunk

I don't have any script to run the recovery process, if any one help here is much appreciated .

Labels (1)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

There is no Splunk command to rebuild multiple directories.  The solution is to script it yourself.  It's not a complicated script to iterate over directories in a particular location.

for db in /path/to/thawed/buckets; do 
  splunk rebuild "/path/to/thawed/buckets/"${db}>>rebuild.out; done

Of course, you should test it before using it on production data.

Depending on the size of the data being restored, consider standing up a standalone Splunk instance just for the thawed data.  That will avoid having to stop production indexers.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...