Splunk Search

Is there a way to create a lookup table that contains Threat Intelligence data so I can correlate searches against it?

Makinde

My question is in two parts,

Is there a special way to create a Lookup table that contains Threat Intelligence such that I can correlate searches against it? I am interested in just an IP address field and a Domain Field. Assuming I had both fields in my CSV lookup table, what will my correlation search look like so that I can identify when I have traffic in my network that matches any IP address or Domain in my lookup table?

Secondly is there a way to automatically download Threat Intelligence from other sources? I am interested in the CCIRC, TAXII, Facebook, and/or Malware domain threat lists. Is there an App that can do this? I don't want to have to download Splunk Enterprise Security to do this.

Thanks

0 Karma

jsanchez_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

You may want to check out Splice. The feed is stored in MongoDB.

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/2637/

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...