Splunk Search

Is there a good way to chart the value of a field by the value of another field?

shaun_qualheim
Explorer

Is there a good way to chart the value of a field by the value of another field?

That is... I'm using the Splunk for *nix app, performing a search on that data. Setting my source="cpu". Want to extract out pctIdle by CPU core. I can do it pretty easily for each individual core with something like this:

index=os source="cpu" host="host1" | multikv fields cpu | search CPU="1" |table pctIdle

but what I really want to do is have a multi column table with that value in real-time by cpu core (and eventually, a visualization by column).

Thank you for your help!

Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If I'm thinking straight this morning, you would want to use stats.

index=os source="cpu" host="host1" | multikv fields cpu |stats latest(pctIdle) as "Percent Idle" by cpu

View solution in original post

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If I'm thinking straight this morning, you would want to use stats.

index=os source="cpu" host="host1" | multikv fields cpu |stats latest(pctIdle) as "Percent Idle" by cpu

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Glad it worked for you! Please accept the answer when you have time!

0 Karma

shaun_qualheim
Explorer

Perfect. Thank you much!

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

After your pastebin, it seems as if the fields aren't auto extracted (at least in my instance). Try this: |multikv|rex field=_raw "^(?<cpu>\d+)\s*(?<pctUser>[^\s]*)\s*(?<pctNice>[^\s]*)\s*(?<pctSystem>[^\s]*)\s*(?<pctIowait>[^\s]*)\s*(?<pctIdle>[^\s]*)"|eval pctCPUUsed = 100-pctIdle| stats latest(pctCPUUsed) by cpu

shaun_qualheim
Explorer

It doesn't seem to be working, but maybe that's the right track. Let me play with it a bit and I'll post again...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...