Splunk Search

Is it possible to turn 8 product charts into one table with Sparklines/Trendlines?

Altoid17
Explorer

Hi, I am looking to grab a hand at turning 8 product charts into one table with Sparkline's if possible for trend tracking.

I am currently using Trellis split on my dashboard to populate these 8 line charts showing the number of hits per month over the course of 12 months for which product. My data is stored on a lookup table.csv.

My date field is stored as 04/02/2022 0:00 (4th feb). ProductType has things like - Candles, Teaset, Books

I would instead prefer to show the Products in one table with a trendline/sparkline for each product tracking the last 12 months. 

To get the trellis working i currently use the below. Which seems to work well and as needed with expected results. 

| inputlookup XXX.csv
| search ProductType="*"
| search ProductDate="*2022*"
| eval Date=strftime(strptime(ProductDate,"%d/%m/%Y"),"%b-%y")
| chart count(ProductType) by Date, ProductType limit=0
| fields - OTHER, "-"
| eval rank=case(ProductDate like "Jan-%",1,ProductDate like "Feb-%",2,ProductDate like "Mar-%",3,ProductDate like "Apr-%",4,ProductDate like "May-%",5,ProductDate like "Jun-%",6,ProductDate like "Jul-%",7,ProductDate like "Aug-%",8,ProductDate like "Sep-%",9,ProductDate like "Oct-%",10,ProductDate like "Nov-%",11,ProductDate like "Dec-%",12,1=1,13)
| rex field=ProductDate "-(?<rank_year>\d+)"
| sort 0 rank_year, rank
| fields - rank rank_year

However, when trying to get the sparklines/trendlines working using the below two attempts i do not get the results required. All Sparklines show a value of 0 - yet there are results for these fields being purchased on all these diff dates. 

i have changed the search times, tried to add buckets, spans... even eval _time over Date and not having much luck. 

| inputlookup XXX.csv
| search ProductType="*"
| eval Date=strftime(strptime(ProductDate,"%d/%m/%Y"),"%b-%y")
| chart sparkline count(Date) by ProductType, ProductDate limit=0
| fields - OTHER, "-"
| eval rank=case(ProductDate like "Jan-%",1,ProductDate like "Feb-%",2,ProductDate like "Mar-%",3,ProductDate like "Apr-%",4,ProductDate like "May-%",5,ProductDate like "Jun-%",6,ProductDate like "Jul-%",7,ProductDate like "Aug-%",8,ProductDate like "Sep-%",9,ProductDate like "Oct-%",10,ProductDate like "Nov-%",11,ProductDate like "Dec-%",12,1=1,13)
| sort 0 rank_year, rank
| fields - rank rank_year

And 

| inputlookup XXX.csv
| search ProductType="*"
| eval Date=strftime(strptime(ProductDate,"%d/%m/%Y"),"%d/%m/%Y")
| chart sparkline count(ProductDate) by AppType limit=0

I believe i am going wrong with the date eval but have tried a fair few combos now with nearly all same results with sparklines always showing 0. 

I have a about a years worth of data i want to track in the one visual table ( Very similar to how splunk does there own EQ example. ( to many products to show nicely on a line graph). 

Thanks

Labels (2)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...