Splunk Search

Is it possible to run a Splunk search via the REST API using the rest command?

hettervik_new
Explorer

There is a search endpoint on Splunk for running searches remotely via the REST API and stream back the search results as they become available (search/v2/jobs/export).

There also is a rest command in Splunk. One would think that it is possible to use the rest command to run searches on the endpoint "search/v2/jobs/export", for example like this.

| rest /services/search/v2/jobs/export splunk_server=local search="123"

However, I get the error message "Method Not Allowed" when I'm trying to do this. Suspect this is because the enpoint is expecting a HTTP POST, not HTTP GET.

Has anyone managed to do a search on this API endpoint like this using the rest search command, or have any idea on how to do it?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As you've discovered the rest command only issues GET requests.  Any operation requiring a POST or DELETE request must come from something other than the Splunk UI.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As you've discovered the rest command only issues GET requests.  Any operation requiring a POST or DELETE request must come from something other than the Splunk UI.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...