Splunk Search

Is it possible to run a Splunk search via the REST API using the rest command?

hettervik_new
Explorer

There is a search endpoint on Splunk for running searches remotely via the REST API and stream back the search results as they become available (search/v2/jobs/export).

There also is a rest command in Splunk. One would think that it is possible to use the rest command to run searches on the endpoint "search/v2/jobs/export", for example like this.

| rest /services/search/v2/jobs/export splunk_server=local search="123"

However, I get the error message "Method Not Allowed" when I'm trying to do this. Suspect this is because the enpoint is expecting a HTTP POST, not HTTP GET.

Has anyone managed to do a search on this API endpoint like this using the rest search command, or have any idea on how to do it?

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As you've discovered the rest command only issues GET requests.  Any operation requiring a POST or DELETE request must come from something other than the Splunk UI.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

As you've discovered the rest command only issues GET requests.  Any operation requiring a POST or DELETE request must come from something other than the Splunk UI.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...