Splunk Search

Is it possible to display a name or number on top of a chart overlay?

nilotpaldutta
Explorer

Hi Everyone,

Is it possible to display a name or number on top of a chart overlay?

I have a search that displays the data in a bar chart.
My sample search:

index ="my_index_1" sourcetype="type_1" | rename Col_1 as Ticket_Number | rename Col_2 as ticket_created_date | table Ticket_Number, ticket_created_date | join Ticket_Number [search index ="my_index_2" sourcetype ="type_2" | rename Col_1 as Ticket_Number | rename Col_2 as Classification | table Ticket_Number, Classification | eval Classification=lower(Classification) | eval Classification=upper(substr(Classification,1,1)).lower(substr(Classification,2)) | replace "Sev-4" with "(4) Sev-4", "Sev-3" with "(3) Sev-3", "Sev-2" with "(2) Sev-2", "Sev-1" with "(1) Sev-1"] | table Ticket_Number, ticket_created_date, Classification | eval Month=strftime(strptime(ticket_created_date,"%d/%m/%Y %H:%M"),"%Y/%m") | chart count over Month by Classification | eval Threshold_2014=round(10880) | eval Threshold_2015=round(5440)

My output currently looks like that in Fig-1.png
alt text

Is there a way to put a number right on top of the two different thresholds at the end? So that the final output looks something like Fig-2.png?
alt text

Thanks in advance.

0 Karma

masonmorales
Influencer

Not without doing a bunch of custom web development. Have you considered just changing the names that will appear in the legend? I know it's not ideal, but it might be a quick workaround.

eval 10880_Threshold_2014=round(10880) | eval 5440_Threshold_2015=round(5440)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...