Splunk Search

Is it possible to dispatch a scheduled report as the scheduler and pass arguments through REST API ?

fralcalde
Explorer

What i am trying to accomplish is forcing the scheduler to dispatch a scheduled saved search throgh REST in order to update it's cached results.

here's what i have working so far:

1 scheduled report with search:

| makeresults Count=1
| eval embed = "embeded report"
| eval argumento = $args.argument$
| table embed, argumento

Then I execute:

curl -k -u admin:pass https://localhost:8089/servicesNS/admin/Admin_Tools/saved/searches/embed_report/dispatch -d args.argument=1

And get the response:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<response>
  <sid>admin__admin_QWRtaW5fVG9vbHM__RMD5e57d89b9c983845a_at_1609434492_13436</sid>
</response>

With the sid i can see that the argument was passed correctly:

curl -k -u admin:pass https://localhost:8089/services/search/jobs/admin__admin_QWRtaW5fVG9vbHM__RMD5e57d89b9c983845a_at_1609434492_13436/results
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<results preview='0'>
<meta>
<fieldOrder>
<field>embed</field>
<field>argumento</field>
</fieldOrder>
</meta>
	<result offset='0'>
		<field k='embed'>
			<value><text>embeded report</text></value>
		</field>
		<field k='argumento'>
			<value><text>1</text></value>
		</field>
	</result>
</results>

The thing is i want to have this report embbeded in a web app. From this app, perform a request to the REST API with this argument and have the embbeded report updated.

However, the embbeded report shows the last cached results which are saved in a job with a name like: scheduler__nobody_XXXX-XXXX-XXXXXX

Any ideas how this can be achieved?
Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...