Splunk Search

Indexers Cluster and Smartstore S3 buckets configuration

dokaas_2
Path Finder

When one configures the indexer cluster for SmartStore, does each indexer get its own S3 bucket?  Or is there just one very large S3 bucket and all indexers write into the same S3 bucket (separated by indexer GUID or something like that)?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @dokaas_2,

On SmartStore architecture, all indexers use the same S3 bucket. Cluster Manager manages which indexer to write and ensures only one copy of the index bucket is written. If any other indexer needs to search that bucket it can download from S3. 

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.

View solution in original post

scelikok
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi @dokaas_2,

On SmartStore architecture, all indexers use the same S3 bucket. Cluster Manager manages which indexer to write and ensures only one copy of the index bucket is written. If any other indexer needs to search that bucket it can download from S3. 

If this reply helps you an upvote and "Accept as Solution" is appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...