Splunk Search

Importing error code reasons from URL to Splunk query

NizanCohen
Explorer

Hi all.

My company is working with GlobalScope and I wish to enter their error code description to Splunk.

As of right now, I only get the error number and I need to go to their website and check what is each code. I was wondering if I can import the data from the website into my Splunk and include it on my queries.

Here's the url: https://kb.globalscape.com/Knowledgebase/10142/FTP-Status-and-Error-Codes

Labels (1)
0 Karma

yuanliu
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Absolutely.  Just put the table into a CSV file, e.g., like

CodeDescriptionDiscussion
100 requested action was initiated; expect another reply before proceeding with a new command.
110Restart markerreply. The text is exact and not left to the particular implementation; it must read "MARK yyyy = mmmm" where yyyy is User-process data stream marker, and mmmm server's equivalent marker (note the spaces between markers and "=").
120Service readynn minutes. (Informational)
125Data Connectionalready open; transfer starting. (Informational)
150File statusokay; about to open data connection. FTP uses two ports: 21 for sending commands, and 20 for sending data. A status code of 150 indicates that the server is about to open a new connection on port 20 to send some data.

Set up the CSV as lookup. (See Define a CSV lookup in Splunk Web.)  Then, suppose your data search returns a field named ftp_return_code.  In your search, add a lookup command

| lookup mylookup Code as ftp_return_code OUTPUT Description as ftp_return_description, Discussion as ftp_return_discussion

Tags (1)
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...