Splunk Search

If there are no results found, how do I get my search to return a field that has the value of zero?

smcdonald20
Path Finder

I have the following search:

index=ad source=otl_adgroupmemberscan memberSamAccountName=jbloggs
|dedup memberSamAccountName, groupSamAccountName
|table groupSamAccountName, memberSamAccountName

If there are no results, I want it to show a field that have a value of zero.

If there are results though, it's important the search still returns all of the values of groupSamAccountName and memberSamAccountName

Tags (3)
0 Karma
1 Solution

cmerriman
Super Champion
| appendpipe [ stats count | eval "NoResults"="0"  | where count=0 |table "NoResults"]

you could name the "NoResults" field to groupSamAccountName or memberSamAccountName and it would replace that field value if there are no results.

View solution in original post

cmerriman
Super Champion
| appendpipe [ stats count | eval "NoResults"="0"  | where count=0 |table "NoResults"]

you could name the "NoResults" field to groupSamAccountName or memberSamAccountName and it would replace that field value if there are no results.

smcdonald20
Path Finder

Thank you! this worked exactly how I wanted it to.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...