Splunk Search

If i have 3 column in lookup table like column "A" has 10 entries column "B" has 5 entries and column "C" has 2 entries how can i match in search

rahul_mckc_splu
Loves-to-Learn

if i have 3 fields A,B,C and i need to match all entries for that fields
index=main |search [|inputlookup abc.csv | fields A,B,C] | stats count by A,B,C
would this be the right query

Tags (1)
0 Karma

rahul_mckc_splu
Loves-to-Learn

I think it is not working let me put you my query once-again...
I have 3 column in lookup - A,B,C ----A has 10 results B has 5 and c has 3 results..
Now when i run index=main i get 3 fields A has 100+values B has 50+ and C has 30+
But when i match up with |search [|inputlookup abc.csv | fields A,B,C ] so i am suppose to get 10 fields in "A" 5 fields in "B" and then 3 in "C" but it is not giving with your query as well.

0 Karma

elliotproebstel
Champion

There are a few possibilities here. I'll outline some sample data to describe the various options. Let's say your lookup table abc.csv contains the following:

A, B, C
1, 1, 1
2, 2, 3
36, 7, 9

One possibility is that you want to find events in index=main that match this:

(A=1 AND B=1 AND C=1) OR (A=2 AND B=2 AND C=3) OR (A=36 AND B=7 AND C=9)

If so, the code you suggested should work. And you could make it even more efficient by adjusting it like this:

index=main [|inputlookup abc.csv | fields A,B,C] | stats count by A,B,C

Another possibility is that you want to find events in index=main that match this:

A=1 OR B=1 OR C=1 OR A=2 OR B=2 OR C=3 OR A=36 OR B=7 OR C=9

If so, this would get you there:

index=main [|inputlookup abc.csv | fields A, B, C |  format "" "" "OR" "" "OR" "" ] |stats count by A,B,C

And if you actually wanted to look for all events in index=main that contain the values from A,B,C but may appear anywhere in the events (not necessarily in structured extracted fields), you'd be matching on this:

(1 OR 2 OR 3 OR 36 OR 7 OR 9)

In that case, you could do this:

index=main [|inputlookup abc.csv | eval search=mvappend(A,B,C) | stats values(search) AS search | format ] | stats count by A,B,C
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...