Splunk Search

IPLocation: how to use with both src-ip and dest-ip?

echojacques
Builder

Hello,

I know how to use the iplocation command to obtain geo ip information for a single field, for example:

sourcetype="IPS" | iplocation src_ip | table src_ip, City, Country

Is there a way to return geo ip information for 2 fields (in this case src-ip and dest-ip)? I tried this but it doesn't work:

sourcetype="IPS" | iplocation src_ip, dest_ip | table src_ip, City, Country, dest_ip, City, Country

How would I return geo ip info for both src-ip and dest-ip in a single search?

Thanks!

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

echojacques
Builder

After some testing I figured it out, the search below works:

sourcetype="IPS" | iplocation src_ip | rename Country as CC1 | iplocation dest_ip | rename Country as CC2 | table src_ip CC1 dest_ip CC2

CC1 is the geo for the src-ip and CC2 is the geo for the dest-ip.

View solution in original post

Gawker
Path Finder

You can also accomplish the same thing by doing this:

• sourcetype="IPS" | iplocation prefix=CC1_ src_ip | iplocation prefix=CC2_ dest_ip | table src_ip CC1_Country dest_ip CC2_Country

To access other data iplocation and that isn't part of the default values (ex: timezone) , you would add the allfields=true parameter to each iplocation command:

• sourcetype="IPS" | iplocation prefix=CC1_ allfields=true src_ip | iplocation prefix=CC2_ allfields=true dest_ip | table src_ip CC1_Country CC1_Timezone dest_ip CC2_Country CC2_Timezone

http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.0.1/SearchReference/Iplocation

echojacques
Builder

After some testing I figured it out, the search below works:

sourcetype="IPS" | iplocation src_ip | rename Country as CC1 | iplocation dest_ip | rename Country as CC2 | table src_ip CC1 dest_ip CC2

CC1 is the geo for the src-ip and CC2 is the geo for the dest-ip.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...