Splunk Search

I need a search to find mapping of roles to AD Groups and indexes

nls7010
Path Finder

I have been able to find searches for roles mapped to AD Groups, but I need to get the indexes those roles are allowed to use.  I'm creating a search to assist in upgrading to a new system.  This mapping will give me the relationships.  I have used:

| rest /services/admin/roles | table title, srchIndexesAllowed | rename title as role, but it only gives me the role and searchIndexes.  I need to map it to AD groups too.  Also, when I went to download that searches content, it did not download all the data.

I also used: | rest /services/admin/roles | table title, srchIndexesAllowed | rename title as role, but what I really need is all three values: Role mapped to AD Group and role mapped to indexes in the same search.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Not sure if it's what you're looking for, but try 

| rest /services/admin/LDAP-groups
---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...