Splunk Search

I didn't use INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS, but why are fields for my IIS logs still getting extracted properly in Splunk 6.2.1?

rsathish47
Contributor

Hi all,

I found blogs on IIS logs and Spunk 6. I didn't use the INDEXED_EXTRACTIONS, but why are fields still getting extracted properly in Splunk 6.2.1? I just want to know about the internal functionality.

http://blogs.splunk.com/2013/10/18/iis-logs-and-splunk-6/

Thanks
Sathish Rangan

0 Karma
1 Solution

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you don't specifically set a sourcetype or any other settings when adding the input, I'd say splunk was smart enough to notice that this is IIS data and decided to use the header data. After all, it is a pretty distinguishable type of log.

View solution in original post

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you don't specifically set a sourcetype or any other settings when adding the input, I'd say splunk was smart enough to notice that this is IIS data and decided to use the header data. After all, it is a pretty distinguishable type of log.

rsathish47
Contributor

Thank you Jeffland.
Is their way to check all per defined header detail in splunk?

0 Karma

rsathish47
Contributor
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...