Splunk Search

I can't see the search.log of a bd output in the job inspector.

efaundez
Path Finder

How can you see the search.log of a bd output?

Good evening, it is required to validate the information of a certain db ouput that of the environment, no matter how much I search, I only find the information of the execution time and results, but I would like to look more in detail as what is done in the jobs inspector, since currently there is an error in the environment and it does not appear in the internal either.

Search Results might be incomplete. If this occurs frequently, please check on the peer.

This error message I'm trying to search, but it only appears in ad-hoc searches and saved searches.

Is it possible to search for these errors that appear inside a search.log file, via splunk query?

PS: I only have web access to the splunk and I want to validate that a development to carry out presents problems due to these communication errors in the environment.

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
0 Karma

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you have access to change the config you can change limits.conf and you can enable search messages.

I have a few example searches for finding problems in the splunk search messages in alerts for splunk admins 

https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/3796/

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...